In this article, I’ll describe three of the best data engineering courses that will help you develop your skills in this fast-growing and high demand field.
Some links in this article are affiliate links.
1. Become a Data Engineer Nanodegree (Udacity)
In this project-based program, you’ll get hands on experience with:
- designing data models
- building data warehouses and data lakes
- automating data pipelines
- working with massive datasets
It’s recommended that you have at least intermediate Python and SQL skills before you go through this program.
It’s sections include:
- Data Modeling
- Cloud Data Warehouses
- Spark and Data Lakes
- Data Pipelines with Airflow
- Capstone Project
2. Data Engineering Foundations Specialization (Coursera)
This is a specialization with 5 courses under it. This specialization covers concepts such as the data engineering ecosystem and lifecycle, Python, SQL, and Relational Databases.
The five sections that fall under it are:
- Introduction to Data Engineering
- Python for Data Science, AI & Development
- Python Project for Data Engineering
- Introduction to Relational Databases
- Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python
3. Data Engineering with Google Cloud Professional Certificate (Coursera)
This certificate contains a serious of courses. In it, you’ll learn about Big Data and Machine Learning products in Google Cloud, how to migrate data between various SQL products, how to carryout interactive data analysis on large data sets, and how to choose between different data processing products on Google Cloud.
The sections that fall under this certificate are:
- Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals
- Modernizing Data Lakes and Data Warehouses with GCP
- Building Batch Data Pipelines on GCP
- Building Resilient Streaming Analytics Systems on GCP
- Smart Analytics, Machine Learning, and AI on GCP
- Preparing for the Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer Exam
Bonus: Azure Data Engineering Learning Paths (Microsoft)
On the main webpage for Microsoft’s Azure Data Engineer Associate certification, there are more than several free learning paths. These learning paths will greatly enhance your understanding of data engineering within the Azure ecosystem.