In this article, I’ll discuss three of the best data analytics courses for beginners.
Some links in this article are affiliate links.
1. Become a Data Analyst Nanodegree (Udacity)
This project-based program will give you hands-on experience with:
- manipulating and preparing data for analysis
- creating visualizations for data exploration
- using your data skills to tell a story with data
It contains the following sections:
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Practical Statistics
- Data Wrangling
- Data Visualization with Python
2. Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: the PwC Approach Specialization (Coursera)
This specialization is available on Coursera and it was created by PwC, one of the top consulting companies in the world. It’ll teach you to use Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and other common data analysis and communication tools for common data analysis activities. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll learn to present data to others in a way that gets them engaged in your story and motivated to act.
This specialization has the following sections:
- Data-driven Decision Making
- Problem Solving with Excel
- Data Visualization with Advanced Excel
- Effective Business Presentations with Powerpoint
- Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: the PwC Approach Final Project
3. Data Visualization Nanodegree (Udacity)
In this project-based program, you’ll get hands-on experience with:
- using Tableau to build data visualizations and dashboards with consideration to your audiences.
- drafting presentations using storytelling techniques, visualizations, and animations to provide data-driven recommendations
The sections that fall under it are:
- Intro to Data Visualization
- Dashboard Designs
- Data Storytelling
- Advanced Data Storytelling